As 2021 begins to come to a close, I’d like to take this opportunity to reflect on the past year...and truly what a year it has been! While we hoped we would have left the pandemic challenges in the past at the beginning of the year, unfortunately this did not prove to be the case. However, our amazing Board of Directors and Committee Chairs did a fantastic job in continuing to pivot while assessing and meeting our member’s needs.
Despite those challenges, I'm proud of our Chapter's successes this year which include:
- Awarded scholarships to FOUR (4) dynamic recipients: Katie Laessig, Wendy Leonelli, Melissa Glover & Jessica Hoffman.
- In addition to our Elevate Scholarship, we added the Ignite & Catalyst Scholarships providing CREW Utah members with opportunities to advance their careers via leadership & professional development training
- Continued to provide engaging & informative monthly programming & networking events which also included new collaborations with local organizations
- Implemented our local CREW Careers and UCREW programs for high school and college level students.
- Hosted a successful Annual Gala Fundraiser with the Roaring 20’s theme, which raised funds for both our local chapter and future scholarships
- Became a little more organized with the hiring of our part-time Exec Admin, Judi Pickell and establishing a central document storage system for our committees and Board.
- Formally celebrated the completion and successful implementation of our CREW Utah Strategic Plan
All of this couldn’t have been achieved without the enthusiasm & tireless efforts of our Board of Directors, Committee Chairs and Members. THANK YOU!!
I look forward to 2022 with CREW Utah in the very capable hands of President Annastasia Kaessner and President-Elect Anna Mkrtchyan!
It’s been such an honor to serve as your President this year. Thank you, members, for your continued participation and enthusiasm in our organization, and to our sponsors for your incredible support. I look forward to seeing you all at upcoming events!
Wishing you a prosperous, healthy & Happy New Year!
Gina Moore, 2021 CREW Utah President